Favorite Scrapbooker/Blogger Tour

I feel very honored to be part of a very sweet blog hop going on right now. I've been tagged in the "favorite scrapbooker/blogger" tour, and today I get to answer a few questions about myself and then tag three of my own favorite bloggers.
I want to first thank Leah Farquharson for nominating me. What an incredibly and humbling request to receive. Thanks, Leah!

Here are the questions in the tour:

1.  What am I working on right now? Right now I'm setting up my office. Until that happens not much else in the "creative magic" department is going on. I'm REALLY hoping the flooring guys can finish today so I can start setting it all up.



2. How long does it take me to create a project?

Most projects take about 2 hours to complete. A video takes anywhere from 4-6 hours. I'm actually quite fast and have (when my office is set up) everything at the ready so I can start getting creative and then finish quickly.


 

3. What are my favorite things to create with at the moment?

I'm LOVING the new "Designer Products" from Echo Park and Carta Bella Paper. Of course I'm perfectly biased as I work for both companies and help decide which shapes get turned into dies and stamps. But as a stamper and a die cutter, I seriously love the quality of these thin dies and acrylic stamps. You can find them all HERE.


Watch video HERE.

4. How does my writing/creating process work?

On my blog, I write what's on my mind and in my heart. With my layouts, I typically start with products and then go and find a story that needs telling. Kind of backwards, but since working in the industry for so long, it's what works for me.



5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?

I search the internet. I watch what new products inspire me. I pin inspiration on Pinterest. I play around and try new things. There are always little sparks of creativity that keep me going. I'm very grateful for that.



6. What is my signature style?

I am drawn to bright colors and graphic prints. I prefer the tone-on-tone b side papers to the front, more busier and larger patterned papers. I like a lot of black and white photos. I'll often throw in a stamp or two for good measure.



Now I get to tag three of my favorite bloggers.  They inspire me for their creativity, as well as, their personal style. Watch for their blog entries next Monday and Tuesday!

Wilna Fustenburg
Wendy Sue Anderson
Becki Adams 

5 comments

  1. I am dying to see what you do with your new studio--paint colors/flooring/ect. I hope we will get a video tour like the last one. I am working on setting my studio as well, but because I work full time and spend the weekends visiting kids or catching up on housework and laundry--I have limited time to set up. I think I might finally having a working table top. I want new floors but Dave Ramsey says I have to be able to pay first--boo hiss--so I am saving $. Might be my Christmas gift to me from me. If I get new floors, I may want to paint. I went red a couple of years ago, and am wanting something not so bold. Flooring first! Can't wait to see your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sound like if you give a Mouse a Cookie, if you give a scrapbooker her own space, she will want better flooring, if she gets better flooring, she will want new wal color, if I get new wall color.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. That is SO me. :) You totally get it.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:15 AM

    This comment may be off topic, but I REALLY liked the sneaks of your layouts! I have baseball, state fair and 1st day of school pictures just sitting on my hard drive....Is it possible to see your complete layouts somewhere (not that I would scrap lift or anything-or maybe not too much). Thanks! (btw, I am also eagerly awaiting your room design). Staci

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for you to be included in this! You are definitely a favorite for a lot of us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...