How to Make a Valentine Frame

Did you know that this year I'm focusing on recording more meaningful memories? There are lots of ways to make memories meaningful. One is to decorate your home with seasonal items made just by YOU!

Last year I shared this fun Valentine frame. I thought you might want to see it again this year. I have completely fallen in love with the "metallic" trend so I've added gold heat embossed feathers and a gold fringe made from tissue paper to this project. Pin it now and make later!



Valentine Frame by Jen Gallacher from www.jengallacher.com.


To Make This Project:

Supplies:
* Valentine Paper Collection
 * Ornate White Frame
* Grey Washi Tape
* Gold Embossing Powder
* Versamark Stamping Ink
* Silhouette Die Cut Machine
* Feather Die Cut Shapes
* White Photo Corners
* White Doily
* White Crochet Twine
* Gold Tissue Paper
* Fringe Scissors

 Instructions:
This project is all about layering. Just a few simple banner shapes layered on top of one another make this project come together quickly. What makes this project special, however, are the elements of gold. For the bottom border, I cut a rectangle from gold tissue paper and then cut the bottom edge with fringe scissors (thanks for those, Martha Stewart). For the feathers, I die cut them from white cardstock and then covered them with clear Versamark stamping ink. I then embossed them with gold embossing powder for an additional "WOW" factor. Look for ways to incorporate some shine into your projects.

I love handmade items. Whenever I pass something in my home that either I or someone I care about has made, it makes me smile. It also reminds me of all the fun I had of creating the project. Sometimes what makes an item meaningful is the joy in the creative process. And that is just as important as the end result.

Use my sidebar to search for other handmade Valentine projects now!

1 comment

  1. such a pretty project Jen! Love how feminine and pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...